Thursday, September 21, 2017

SEW SIMPLE


Due to my boredom while waiting for my job application calls and text messages I have decided to use my spare time on doing DIY clothes. So I have decided to order an electric sewing machine on Lazada with the brand name, Sew Simple (Pretty cool and catchy brand name isn’t it?! SO SIMPLE!) I have already tried to use the sewing machine, it is really easy to use and I can say it is durable.It has also 12 stitches designs that you can select with. And I must say that it is really worth recommended for a friend who also want to have a mini electric sewing machine. Btw, the shipping was also fast and the packaging is also nicely done! 

And with this sewing machine I have already transformed this zebra detailed shirt into a cute cropped top. And I was really dumb not to take pictures of the shirt before I transformed it.So basically I don't have any photo to show with the BEFORE of the shirt. *I already knew what to do next time. 


  And Yes! I have also decided to cut my never been used denim pants (And again I was not able to take pictures of the pants before transforming. my bad!) and transformed it into a distress denim short. And I even bought a rose patch and stitched it in front of the shorts just to hide some of the imperfection of my old pants. And viola this is it!

And here are some of the detailing of the distress denim shorts that I transformed


And with the excess of the pants that I made as shorts I have come to the idea of turning it into a denim skirt given that I only have one trendy denim skirt.And yep! this time I already have taken a photo of the excess before turning it into a skirt.

BEFORE DIY


AFTER

  FRONT                                            BACK

And these are the details of my DIY skirt!(I was not able to capture the lower part which is actually my favorite detailing, btw that white line at the back was actually a zipper that I added.)








Another one that I have recently transformed is this cute denim shorts. This is originally a vintage denim pants. (And yep! again, I was not able to take photo before transforming it. Sorry!)




And this is the back details of the denim shorts. I really like the vintage vibe of it. The light washed denim color and the metal at the pocket and also the flowers in it.


















And this last one was actually my first DIY without using the electric sewing machine,so basically I stitched it with my hands. (using a needle and thread of course!) And I'm quite happy and proud of it. But again, I  was not able to take picture of the polo shirts before transforming it. It was actually an old semi army green/gray Ralph Lauren polo shirt before I transformed it into this cute tank top. It was already my personal favorite at the moment. 

So yes! That is all the DIYs that I have done within two days that I have received the machine. I will be posting more of my DIY clothes maybe with the next coming days and maybe I can also make step by step picture tutorials on how I DIY my old clothes. 

So here I am wearing the DIY clothes. *winks!
Wearing the cropped top and the vintage style denim shorts

My never been used denim pants to this Korean style shorts

The excess of the denim pants into this Korean style denim skirt paired with my Aeropostale graphic tee

And lastly, my personal fav! Ralph Lauren tank top paired with this old denim pants from my aunt.

These are the details of the vintage pants. 
                                 

That is all for my blog today! 

 I hope I somehow inspired you to try to upcycle some of your old clothes with the trendy styles this year. 

xoxo!

@fancyxflawed on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment